Out in the wide sky wheat plains, Wave Rock stands as a perfect surfers wave yet frozen in solid rock. The colonial town of York, set in the lush Avon Valley, tiny wheatlands townships and other strange rocks protruding from arid soil show the real Australia, ever waiting for life giving rains.
Coach touring, picnic lunch, admission to Wave Rock and Antique Lace Collection and Aboriginal guided tour.
- Cross the Swan River Causeway and pass Burswood Casino and Resort
- Head east and follow the sun on to the Great Eastern Highway
- Climb the Darling Ranges and cross vast dry farming plains
- Visit historic York - original and untouched centre of the Avon Valley
- Look for crows, cockatoos and galahs
- Wheatbelt town of Corrigin - noted for the "dog in the ute" national record
- Hyden - town centre for Wave Rock
- Striking rock formations of Hippo's Yawn
- Wave Rock - one of nature's most remarkable creations
- Enjoy a picnic lunch at Wave Rock Wildflowers shop
- Take an exclusive Aboriginal guided tour along the base and over the top of Wave Rock
- Time to visit the native Wildlife Park or browse in the Antique Lace Collection
- Explore the Humps and Mulka's Cave
- Learn the story of Mulka and ancient Aboriginal cave paintings
- Stop at "bustling" Babakin, population 18 for a delicious country style afternoon tea - a special treat! (own expense)
- During wildflower season (September - November) roadside stops will be made to view native wildflowers
- Journey back to Perth passing endless farms and big horizons
- Superb views of Perth's evening lights from the majestic Darling Ranges.
Per person (Prices valid 1/4/2012 to 31/3/2013)
Operates Tues,Wed,Frid,Sun - Does not operate Christmas Day
Please check in 15 minutes prior to departure.
Children aged 4-14 are eligible to receive a 50% discount off Adult fares unless otherwise stated (15 and over is an adult. Under 4 is free).
Perth Sightseeing Centre, Corner Hay and Pier Streets, Perth OR Alternatively we offer free hotel courtesy pick-ups. If you wish to be picked up from your hotel please wait outside at least 5 minutes prior to pick-up time. Note: Pick up times may vary depending on traffic, no hotel drop-off after morning tours.
Perth, Western Australia, Australia